Have you analyzed your sales funnel? When customers make a purchase of a product or service, they go through a sales funnel that the business has constructed (whether or not you have thought about it) - through this you get the customer’s information and start to communicate them regularly.You educate the customer on your products, give them updates and, when approriate, show them additional products for upsells. This process includes a lot of testing and analysis, but is well worth the effort. Make the most of your sales funnel, and you'll see your bottom line skyrocket!
Let’s start by understanding what sales funnels are.
Also known as revenue funnels or sales process, a sales funnel is the process which companies lead buyers, customers or consumers through in order to make a purchase. If you wish to improve your sales funnels or would like to create new ones, there are a few things you should know in order to make the most of it.
Logically, the more you put into a funnel, the more you can get out of it; but the main goal of funnel optimization is to make the most of the leads you already have have. If somehow you can get more buyers or customers to purchase your products, then you will increase your sales; or if you can upsell those same customers or get them to return
Sometimes you might think you are not using your tools properly or you are not getting the most out of them. Maybe you don’t know how to get more customers or buyers; perhaps your current customers get some unnecessary frustration with the checkout process or even you are frustrated with your own business tech side. Don’t worry, this article will give you tips to help you get over some of these issues.
There are three ways to grow a business so it can develop and be successful. First, you need to get more customers, the more customers you have the more purchases you get, by affiliating to referrals to advertising is a good way to get more customers because there are a lot of outlets for marketing. Second, you’ll need to get those customers to use their money with your business and third, your customers have to continue to spend their money in your business over and over. We’ll focus on the second, which is what funnel optimization is all about.
Here are some important tips for you to consider:
- It is important to decide how you will design your funnel - keeping it simple is always a good idea.
- If you’re trying to increase cross sells, start with a product and then make cross sells to enhance the offer without affecting the original sale. You might lose some potential customers in each stage of the funnel, so you need to design it in a way that it positively affects the customer’s experience through the funnel journey.
- The offer that you present the customer is important. Getting it right at the beginning is hard, you have to experiment with different copy, different products and different prices. But it will eventually be more natural to you as you get more and more experience. Remember a well designed funnel can transform your business completely.
- You are going to need to optimize every stage of the funnel process in order to allow your customers to get a better experience. Do this meticulously, write down the paths your customers can take and think through each step to make sure it makes sense. Creating a blog is a good idea. You can provide valuable content for readers. Promote your blog on social media to engage an audience and then guide them to your website. You should be working to get them to subscribe to your blog. This gives you access to their email address where you can continue to engage with them.
- Email marketing is a great channel to foster a relationship with your customers and take care of your best prospects regardless of the lead generation stage.
- Try online directory listings, the more directories of value that you are listed on, the more noticeable your business will get.
- Influencers can help your business. Having a known face promote your products can increase conversions. Influencer marketing relies on social interaction - search for influencers that will fit your target audience and your business interests.
- Participate in conversations that involve your industry, this allows you to show off your expertise and build trust in such a way that generates leads. Online forums and discussions are a good way to interact with leads. Try to engage, participate and connect to stay active across all of the social platform on a regular basis.
- Generate web traffic through search engine optimization (SEO) can be beneficial (though it’s a long road!). Improve your site’s visibility by making sure people find it on organic searches that are relevant to your business.
- The more time your visitors spend on your website the better the chances of them ultimately making a desired action. There is a good chance of improvement in your website’s duration of visits if there are good visuals.
- Create or find quality content for your site. The richer the content, the better the website’s ranking. If you make content informative, relevant and useful, then your visitors feel more encouraged to convert. Good content is not just to fill up your website, it can be done in various ways and mediums (text, video, audio) to target all categories and age groups so they can be guided towards conversion.
- Use paid promotion (paid ads) to attract a specific audience. Because it’s not easy to reach some audiences through organic search, paid ads can be helpful. Social media is a good place to launch a campaign and can be a good way you can increase your website’s traffic and eventually increase your conversion rate.
- Offer your products at the right price. When you offer you products at a proper price then you get more chances to get customers to buy them. It is possible some of your customers won’t hit the purchase button because the price is too high and overwhelming.
- An analytics platform is a great tool to analyze your funnels. You can get to look over the leads you’re generating, as many other metrics that can be quite helpful like visualising the lifetime value of your customers.
- Compare the acquisition costs for different sources against how much money they make for you in the long run. Adjust to eliminate the sources that generate low-quality leads. You’ll need to pay attention to stop any leakage and wasted money.
- Provide good targets and messages through each step of the customer’s journey. This allows customers to consider more of your products and learn more about your business.
- Be specific about how your customers can benefit from your products. Your leads will come to you for different reasons and you’ll want to address each one of them. By providing information about your business’s value, educating them is a win-win strategy. Your leads can benefit from your teachings while also getting to see the benefits of your products.
- Set up a landing page that educates visitors about your products highlighting the benefits they provide. Use a catchy headline and show a brief description of what the products are about.
- Set up a referral program where partners, employees and customers can refer sales leads to your business.
- Use personalized marketing messages to connect with your customers emotionally. By personalizing messages, you can convert more customers. Your Market and send emails based on a customer’s behavior on your website. This will help you engage with your different audiences. The more you study your potential customers and the better you personalize your marketing messages the better your ability to convert.
- Use remarketing tools with a cross-channel ad platform to target leads who got lost in your funnel.
- Show your audience social proof. Proof like testimonials or reviews from existing customers can win the trust of potential customers, increasing the chances of conversion.
- Offering an limited offer, discount or free trial is a technique to turn visitors into leads and increase conversion rate. It can also be a good way to get the visitors’ email address and other contact information to continue engaging with them.
- Set up a “Thank you” page to show as a good final impression before visitors leave your site that can promote other products or invite them to subscribe to your blog.
- When creating a checkout page make sure to eliminate unnecessary fields and provide the information they need for a secure purchase. Keeping it simple works!
It takes time and effort to set up a sales funnel correctly and efficiently, but it’s certainly worth the effort. Know what products to offer and at which prices you are going to offer them.
The tips above will help you through the process to create a better sales funnel of your own. Remember - don’t give up on your customer, your success depends on it!